As a team of community managers here at SocialKNX, we are presented with loads of new tools and apps to enhance the social media role in marketing for our customers. We each learn of something new and pass it along to the team. Always eager to improve productivity, quality, and deliverables, I test the waters.
Some of tools I play with and test never get used again, and some I can’t imagine how I did my job before I found them.
Here are three tools that fall into the latter category. I can’t imagine how I did my job before finding them.
This is a brilliant “read it later” tool (and it used to be called “Read It Later”). How many times do you see an article you know you’ll want to read, or a video you want to watch, but don’t have the time at the moment? Simply install the Pocket extension, and with a click, it’s organized in one tidy place. I also use the app on my iPad and smartphone. Browsing Twitter and see a link you want to save? Copy the link, open the app and it instantly asks if you want to add the link. Simply click “add” and it’s saved. So quick and easy! During your weekly content curation time, this hand-selected-by-you information is in one place at your fingertips.
Aside from loads of stunning travel destinations, gorgeous home decor, and endless birthday party ideas, Pinterest is a treasure for social media managers.
My favorite uses for clients:
- Create a general private-to-you board. Any time I see any tips, photos, etc. for a client, I pin it here. Add notes in the description area to remind myself if there is something in the article I need to click or if it is client specific.
- Create a private board and share with my client – I will see quotes or ideas and pin to my shared client board, with a note to my client in the description area (i.e. use with quote from your book Chapter 5 on Time Management). Some clients may wish to comment back, i.e. “excellent tip – let’s use for XYZ promotion”. Your clients will also be able to pin things they see here as well if they are so inclined.
- Create a collaborative board with your internal team. Here at SocialKNX, we share a board and pin quotes and other content that could be used on a variety of accounts.
Although a fairly new addition to my toolbox, this has been a quick hit.
- Many make the mistake of using the same photo to post on all social media platforms. Newsfeeds aren’t universal. Are your images scaled for the channel on which you are posting? Here’s my favorite cheat sheet for image sizing on your social media platforms. Adjust your image size for optimal impact in PicMonkey and instantly see how it will visually appear to your audience.
- Increase your brand awareness by adding a watermark to your photos. Choose your website or company name. When your posts are shared, not only is your content spread, but your company name or website is visible to all who see the post. Consider it the cherry on top of your shared content sundae.
What tools do you find most useful for managing your daily social media activities? Please do share in the comments – we are always learning!