Let’s admit it, we have more to do every day in our businesses than ever before, and social media marketing has become a content beast that is hard to satisfy. For those of you who just don’t know what you could possibly talk about on your social media sites each day, let alone multiple times a day, here’s a little help. Some of these ideas will net multiple posts and some will inspire other ideas. Take this list and block out an hour or two each week to plan your content (or hire someone who will do it for you).
- A fun sign you spot while you are out and about with your witty comment or observations.
- Top 10 tips for working with a ____ (realtor, meeting planner, speaker, fill in the blank and each tip can be a separate tweet).
- Answer to a frequently asked question you get. Create a separate post for each of your FAQs.
- Statistic for your industry.
- A common phrase you say, or words of advice you often give about your industry (write it out or add it to a photo for visual appeal).
- Your thoughts on a show, movie, or commercial as it relates to your business.
- A prediction for next month or year in your industry- what’s going to be hot…in your opinion.
- Trivia statement about your industry. Examples: When was the first phone call made; What was the first hotel; What is the most expensive house sold.
- Fun facts about team members in your business. People love learning about the human side of your business.
- This day in history. A historical fact for your business or your industry.
- Top 3 activities that help your clients be successful (can be 3 separate posts).
- How to avoid disaster when (fill in the blank with your industry information).
- Your favorite app on your phone or tablet for getting your work done.
- Your favorite activity to do while helping clients.
- Activities that are going on in your area that your clients and potential clients might enjoy.
- Conferences that you think are worth attending-provide the link for your audience members to join you.
- A favorite quote that inspires you.
- A book that you recommend.
- Quotes from a book you recommend.
- Recommendation of a service provider you love–just to let the world know.
- Shout out for a charity you support letting others know how they can get involved.
- Anniversary acknowledgments for your team members.
- A trend in your industry that may affect your clients and potential clients.
- Share a photo showing something you learned at a museum, convention center, or other public spot. (example: Did you know the blue bear outside the Denver convention center is blue because the artist loved the color of the initial model that came out of the 3D printer?).
- Teach us something you have learned in your business.
- Share the 5 biggest mistakes people make when (fill in the blank—people travel; people buy or sell their home; hiring a manager: etc. Each one can be a separate post).
- A personal goal you are working on and how you are making progress.
- A photo of one of your mentors and something you learned from him/her.
- Something you are grateful for in your business. (I am grateful for my amazing Android that allows me to be productive anywhere I need to be).
- Someone you are grateful for in your business. (A vendor or partner who makes you look good!).
We’d love to hear your ideas–add to this list here in the comments below so everyone can benefit!
Now that you have content ideas, DOWNLOAD our checklist of activities that you can do each day, each week, and each month for a successful and very social year!